Tuesday 8 October 2013

I am generally not the athletic type

I'm more known to buy all the gear and then bask in the glow of intention until I lose interest.

So, how is it that for the last 2 months, I have religiously attended Bikram Yoga (and by this I mean willingly), contorting myself into various pretzel formations and balancing on one leg in a room heated up to +40 degrees and 30% humidity, 3-4 times a week for an hour and a half at a time?

Well, many friends and colleages have given me that raised eyebrow, pursed mouth expression which suggests that I might be out of my tiny mind.

My other half has implied that I have become a yoga bore (my reason for starting this blog, and E, I am still going to make you read this) and our flat is constantly covered in drying lycra and airing yoga mats.

Aside from being a sweaty yoga bore, I think the reason that I am obsessed with Bikram Yoga is the way it has changed my mind and my body.

There has been weight loss and toning and inch loss and I am eating what I want, but what I want to eat has changed. Gone is the stodge and the junk and I have found myself craving salad and lean meat and drinking upwards of three litres of water a day.I will be using this blog to chart my yoga journey and also as a place to vent about my other journeys, yes commuting on good old London Blunderground.

So folks, I hope you enjoy this first post, there will be more to follow and I hope you find something there that interests you.

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment